Neurology Community
Numbness around occipital lobe and cerebellum

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

hopefully someone can assist me with guidance in the problem I am experiencing.

Some pre-history

I am 34 years old male, with no previous history of illness of disease.

Am quite active and would say that I live a healthy life.

For over a week now, the area at the back of my head starting from the outer top of the cerebellum and moving over the occipital lobe is not OK.

I feel pressure and numbness as if something is squeezing this area. This extrapolates to my ears causing numbness and aches in my jaw around its hinge.

I have no idea what is causing this, I have not changed my everyday activities and have not done anything that may have strained this area of my body.

The only thing that I have done is that I started chewing gum.

I have stopped doing this as I thought this may have been the cause, but it has been 2 days since I last chewed gum and the feeling is still there.

This feeling is not helping me think very well and is causing problems in my abiilty to work as my memory capacity seems to have got poorer along with my co-ordinational skills, like typing, reading, writing etc.

What should I be looking to do to try to get to the bottom of this.

I am not one to go to the doctors, only when deemed necessary, and throughout most of my life this has been the case. So I dont really know where I should start.

This is really worrying me, maybe it is stress related, I dont know.....
Have you figured out the cause of this? I'm going through something similar.