Numbness/heaviness on left side of head
About a week ago, while lying in bed, i spontaneously experienced an acute pressure on the left side of my head. i suddenly felt very disoriented and suffered a moderate anxiety attack. In the following days the disorientation did not go away. i experienced persistent episodes of derealization and confusion. A few nights later i had a rather severe anxiety attack and went to the ER. i recieved a CAT scan which was clear and was given a weeks worth of Ativan. I am scheduled for an MRI in 3 days. During the entire week of this i have had a constant feeling of heaviness, as though the nerve traveling from the back of my neck to the top of my head is being squeezed. There is no pain involved, so these are not what i would consider headaches. As well, this heaviness occurs exclusively on the left side of head and sporadically causes numbness/weakness in the extremities of my left side. It is rather debilitating as i find myself stumbling occasionally and losing words mid sentence. When i wake up in the morning, the pressure is absent, but the disorientation remains. The heaviness becomes significantly more pronounced in the evening and progresses into the night.My GP informed me that my ears are clear and i have near perfect blood pressure. I have never felt anything like this in my life and have absolutely no notion of what could cause something so drastic seemingly out of nowhere.  I am 18 years old, 6'0, 155lbs
Hello-
I have the same thing happening, three weeks ago was my first experience.  I just had another one happen on Monday 2-18.  Going to doctor today to look at CT results and blood work.  Then I'll be getting the head and cervical MRI.  Gets pretty scary when this is happening and I feel like I'm just waiting for something worse to happen.  Maybe we can keep in touch to compare what results we are finding out from our doctors.