Neurology Expert Forum
Numbness in Head on one side

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Numbness in Head on one side

Dear Doctor

Recently done MRI of my 30 year old son shows
1. Impossible to accurately comment on an MRI that I have never seen. The changes you report are nonspecific and can represent a number of disorders as well as NORMAL findings especially in older patients with stroke risk factors or people with migraine headaches. MS and vasculitis are other considerations, but these diagnoses should be taken in context with the clinical symptoms and exam.

2. If the MRI is concerning to your docs for the possibility of MS, a spinal tap would be indicated for further evaluation.  Also, it would be ideal if your son had one of his episodes during a more prolonged EEG to make sure these aren't seizures. Otherwise, it will be normal in betweem episodes. Finally routine labs studies such as blood count, electrolytes and thyroid testing may be helpful.

3. As stated before, these can be seen in normal individuals. But the clinical picture needs to be correlated with the MRI findings and further testing is based on your physician's suspicions for a neurological process. Consider a second opinion with another neurologist and bring the films so they can review them and tell you their opinion. GOod luck.

this question is about my husband.  He works on computers all day.  But anyway, he has been complaining of his whole top of his head being numb.  Being that he is always called about a problem with computers from work.  his sleep cycle is all messed up.  Could this be the reason?  Or shoud he go and see our DR.
Hi, My name is lucy and I'm 29.  Recently I experienced a numbness on my right side of my head it was strange, I have never had this happen to me.  I Have also experienced difficulty breathing, itchy skin, tingles on one part of my arm where there appears to be goose bumps but just in a small area and then it would move another day to my leg then to another part of my body, and my eyes have been in pain.  I see sometine very cloudy.  I was told I have alergies (allergies) but the drops that were given to me did nothing.  What does this mean?  The numbness in my head that is,  and do the other prblems have any relation to this?
please help, Lucy
A related discussion, Nervous problem was started.