Neurology Community
Numbness in ball of feet

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Numbness in ball of feet

I have severe numbness in the ball of each foot. Toes are barely affected. I have had this for over 3 years and seems to slowly be getting worse. I have also had problems with involuntary muscle twitches in my eyelids, arms and legs over the same period. My doc has done blood work and ruled out diabetes. He suggested magnesium and calcium supplements and increased water intake. This has helped somewhat with the twitching, but the foot numbness has remained constant.
Is this peripheral neuropathy? MS?
Thank you for you help.
Avatar n tn
Personally, when I hear something like numbness in balls of feet only, I don't think of a central cause like MS. I would first think of problems with posture, exercise, shoes, or some type of foot problem like plantar faciitis. But try posting your question for the forum doctor on this site; I did that and the doctor answered the next day. Good luck.
Can you offer up causes that make the balls of your feet go numb.  They seem to sometimes have a burning sestation from the inside not the outside.  It isn't numb like no feeling but numb with a sensation.  It gets painful with prolonged walking but it never really goes away.  It even bothers me when I am sitting at my desk all day.  Any ideas?
Did you ever get a diagnosis or find out what the problem is. I have had the same thing for 3 years now.
I just started having this problem lately, mostly when I am sitting.  Standing, stomping, shaking my feet, nothing seems to help. It stops in one foot, but is still happening in the other...drives me crazy...the other day it was my left heel that went numb...what is going on!!!