Neurology Community
Numbness in both ears

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Numbness in both ears

I am not sure if this is the right forum and topic for this question but I was told to put in on this site.

I have had numbness in both my ears for several months. It comes and goes throughout the day and nothing I do can either prevent it or stop it. The numbness starts at the front of my ear at the jawline and into the ear. It feels like someone is blowing a balloon in my ear. It isn't painful but very irritating. I saw my family doctor two days ago and he basically just shrugged his shoulders. He offered to send me to an ENT specialist but didn't figure it would help.

I googled it before I saw him and it mentioned diabetes and/'or peripheral neuropathy as possible causes. He completed dismissed that and I left feeling very frustrated.

Does anyone have any idea of what I can do to find an answer or if there isn't anything that can be done.

Thanks for having a place like this to ask these kinds of questions.
Hi, I am an RN. Hmmm, I wouldnt be too concerned yet as I once had the same problem. I woke up once and could not hear out of my right ear nor feel the jaw line or ear of the right side of my face! I panicked! I turned out, as I had just gotten out of a long treatment process for anorexia, where stranegly enough you weren't alloud to have Q-tips, that I had a wax plug. The urgent car flushed my ear out and I could not believe the size of that thing! I think they have over the counter kits at the pharmacy. But certainly, if the problem does not go away, consult a physician, and certainly don't put anything in your ear to get anything out.
Hi,Your   selfdiagnosis is close enough.However you have to be examined by a clinical ecologist,There are several good ones. in your town.I believe one is a professor in your teaching hospital.