Numbness in buttock and thigh
I have had numbness in my left buttock and thigh for the last few weeks. It comes and goes. I have no pain whatsoever associated with this. Sometimes when I wake up, this side is numb. My back is fine, I suffer no pain in that aspect. It is just the sensation of numbeness in this area. Can anyone help with this as to what it might be and what course of action you think I should take next? Thanks for your help.

Numbness in the buttocks and thigh is due to disease effecting the spinal cord in the lumbosacral region. This may happen due to damage of nerves while arising at the cord. Vertebral column disease may present initially as loss of sensations, without pain in the back. Hence it is necessary that you visit a spinal surgeon for further evaluation.

Peripheral neuropathies, caused by Diabetes, hypothyroidism, vit B12 deficiency also need to be ruled out, in case your back bone is fine.

Do come back with any other queries

Regards