Neurology Community
Numbness in left foot

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Numbness in left foot

For over 5 months I have had a constant tingling in my big toe and the one next to it my heel and opposite side of my arch that stays there all the time its like walking on a board
Thank you for your question. Although without being able to examine you I can not offer you the specific advice on diagnosis and treatment that you need, but I would try to provide you some relevant information about your health concern.

From your description of symptoms, it seems that it could be a nerve irritation of back. By the reason of that nerves from the spinal cord can be irritated causing leg pain and numbness, tingling, or weakness in the leg or big toe. Other possibilities could be any sign of neuropathy due to vitamin deficiency, diabetes and chronic alcohol intake. If you suffer continuous weakness and notice reduced strength of muscle bulk in left leg apart from numbness in big toe, please arrange an appointment with a neurologist right away who will evaluate the possibilities here. These “red flags” could be indicative of compression of the spinal cord and its nerve branches and early treatment is essential if permanent damage needs to be avoided. Further referral to a physiotherapist for spinal exercises could be beneficial and may produce relief of symptoms. Hope this help.

Take Care & Stay Healthy!!!
I will make an appointment with a neurologist any type of backgound I should look for in his bio before i choose