Neurology Community
Numbness in left hand

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Numbness in left hand

I am 14 years old and my left hand is almost always numb. Somtimes I try poking it with a needle and can't feel anything, but I can on the other hand. I did have tendenitis on my left arm/hand 6 months ago. But I'm kinda scared because I have headaches a lot and get dizzy. My doctor says my head hurts because of my sinuses, but what if it's a brain tumor or something. Please help me
My left hands sometimes feels tight when I close it into a fist. And could undereating also cause this ?
bumpin it up
bumpin it up again
See a neurologist.  They ALWAYS check my hands to see if I can feel a pin *****-that sounds like it is neurological.  I have a numb hand, but I can feel some things.

Best of luck, take care of yourself.
Hi, causes for numb hand could be neurological or vascular as both nerve impingement and vascular insufficiency can lead to numb hand. Do you get pain too? Conditions like carpal tunnel syndrome, brain lesions, thoracic outlet syndrome etc are associated with numbness. Please consult neurologist for examination and investigations.
Hi Wondur_Bread!

A neurologist consult maybe warranted for you to be properly evaluated and worked up.  He or she may request imaging studies like MRI or CTScan if deemed necessary.  

Your hand may be suffering from various conditions like insufficient blood flow, nerve impingement, or primary nerve problems like neuropathy, all of which can be evaluated properly by your neurologist.

Keep us posted on your developments.  Regards...
Could undereating cause this
Hey there, I am concerned that ur having this way to young. U must work awful hard for ur age. Only 14 and having nerve issues. Man, I am 44 and my nerve problems happened after an accident. Ur sinuses that bad...hmmm. Go to an ear,nose and throat dr.and see what he says. Have u done anything that u can think of to cause this. I don't understand the dizzy symptoms and headaches, but where I told u to go should clear this up, if not Neurologist should do it and a good one if u want to get to the bottom of it. My hands have just started to show these symptoms and I had a wreck back in '95, but I had surgery and have titanium plates in my C5-C6...stupid decision on my part. Of course, I did get two opinions and make sure u do that b4 any surgery involvement. If u do and they say surgery...go to a Chiro and see what they say..u might just need some adjustments and u will be fine. As a matter of fact, I think I'd go there first. I do hope this helps u. I have a 12 yr. old and that is what I'd do. I wish u the best and I'll add this to my watch list to see if u get it all taken care of. Best wishes and pray...cause God can heal us w/just a prayer, but u have to have faith. Read ur Bible and BELIEVE....GOD BLESS....hope I helped u in some way...Karen...skeetelmore65
P.S. I have a post w/a poem and want u to check out GLENN BECK on Fox News just to get our young pop. up on what is happening in the world...it is very important to do that. Sawy but I really like GB...he is a good guy that is only trying to help us americans to stand up for their country...u can do it....check it out..4:00 Central and 1:00 Am in morning. Tell ur friends and get them involved we need more young people to stand up w/us in this cause....Thanks and be good to urself