Neurology Community
Numbness in left thumb, hand and arm

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Numbness in left thumb, hand and arm

A few days ago i started noticing some numbness on the tip of my thumb. Each day it seems to get a little worse. Now the numbness is in my thumb, pointer finger, palm and up halfway up my arm. It doesnt hurt, just numb and tingly. In the beginning the feeling would come and go, now it seems to be more constant. As far as i know i didnt do anything to injure myself. Is this serious, who should i see?
I just got back from pain management and told them about my thumb being numb and my arm hurting really bad.  It was contributed to my protruding disk at level C5-6.  I am so scared I will need surgery.  Have you found out anything yet?
Avatar n tn
I HAVE TINGLEING IN MY PINKING AND RING FINGER ITS HAVE THE PALM TO  AND THEN WENT TO MY ARM AND THEN TO THERIGHT SIDE OF MY UNDER MY BREAST TO MY BACK ALL ON MY RIGHT SIDE WENT TO THE DOCTOR AND UNDER MY BREAST TO MY BACK I HAVE HAD SHINGLES WITH OUT THE RASH AND BLISTERS . SO KNOW WITH THE FINGER ITS STILL THERE SEEING A SPELISTGIST FOR THAT  ITS STILL THERE GETTING A LITTLE BETTER BUT NOT THE SAME . IT COULD BE CARPAL TUNNEL DO YOU WORK ON THE COMPUTER ALOT
Avatar n tn
Hi, this could be neuropathy due to vitamin B deficiency, carpal tunnel syndrome, hypothyroidism or nerve compression due to cervical spondylosis. Please get yourself investigated and try vitamin B supplements for a month or so.