Neurology Community
Numbness in lower back to the left leg thigh

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Hi..

I have some problem in my leg.. I m observing it from recently..

Problem: I m feeling numbness in  lower back to the left side to thigh leg. I didnt understand why suddenly its happened... I m observing this after nose surgery (Turbinectomy).. but when i asked doctor.. she said its not related to surgery.... I too have the same opinion...

I met general doctor for this... He gave some tablets for "Vitamin B with B12".  And he said if not cured with this tablets I need to go for Decompression of nerve (i didnt ask doc what it is exactly)

Can any one give reason for this numbness in my leg?
And what is meant by Decompression of nerve. is it means a surgery?
Is there any medication for this without going for Decompression?

Thanks,
Shyam.
Hello.

It will be difficult to tell if the symptoms are due to a nerve impingement unless we get an MRI of the spine and a good neurological examination by a Neurologist.

In the case where the nerve is impinged, decompression (releasing the pressure on the nerve ) can be done. It will depend upon the location of the impingement.

Regards
Hi..

Thanks for your response.....

Can you tell me what other reasons for this numbness (sense reduced on that small area)?
Presently because of Tablets/Oil Massage sense on that part some what improved..
Anywayz i wil be contacting Neurologist as soon as possible.

Shyam.
Hello.

Well, the numbness can some times be due to vitamin deficiencies. Correction of the deficiency can improve it.

You may also have a bulging of the intervertebral discs. The disc presses upon the nerve roots or the cord itself, and the corresponding functions of the nerve are compromised.

Please ask for an MRI of the spine. Has an appointment been fixed ?

Regards