Numbness in the back of the head , pain and becomes hot
from few months, I have numbness on the back of my head and it becomes hot. the frequency has become more day by day. had MRI scan and nothing found and the results are all normal. A nerulogist suggested to have Sarotena 25 mg and Lonazep 0.25 mg daily. would like to know how to treat this problem
Hi there!

Well, without a detailed clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. With structural issues ruled out, possibilities that may need to be considered include neuropathies, infections, involving the nerves, micronutrient deficiencies etc. I would suggest continuing with the medications prescribed by your neurologist atleast for a few weeks. If your do not see any improvement in 6-12 weeks, you may seek a review with your treating neurologist.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Thanks very much Dr Kaul. Actually this problem is of my wife's where after the medicine taking she is getting continious sleep and the numbness has not decreased. Back of the head is still getting hot. She is taking the medicine from 1 week. Would you suggest to have any other tests to be done apart from MRI which is done. Thanks in advance. Regards Althaf Shareef