Neurology Community
Numbness on left side, Tender Temple, severe pain all over, left leg go...

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Numbness on left side, Tender Temple, severe pain all over, left leg goes numb, insomnia PLEASE READ!!

3 weeks ago, I started getting numbess, like a tingling sensation, in a spot in the top of my lip in a place where i got recurrent cold sores. Then the tingling sensation moved up in my face in the temple area and in the tongue and scalp. it was not constant pain, but numbness, wierd to touch.
at the same time, i had a headache that stemmed from the back of my left eye to the left temple area. after a few weeks, it was like the artery in the left side of my neck became inflamed. criotide i think it is called.
Then my left arm and left leg began to hurt. limbs became week. Pain in the back of neck to temples hurt. I Cant sleep. when i lay back it pains. And when i lay to the sides or lean to the sides it hurts bad.
I went to several different doctors about all of this. And they told me about anxiety. I went to a hospital in Atlanta and another hospital in my town (also near Atlanta). The doctors act as if they dont care. And they treat this as a joke, I keep getting weaker. I am unable to go to work because of the piercing pain. I have been subscribed some drugs-
Levaquin and Prednisone.
One of these drugs are giving me insomnia. I cant sleep what so ever. maybe 1hr a night. and this has gone on for about 3 days. I dont know where to turn. I cant drive long distances because of the sickness, I cant lay or it hurts, I cant sit for a long time, and it hurts to stand on my left side or it aches and pains. I am being driven out of my mind. I feel as if I am hopeless,and the worse will occur if i dont seek some positive help right away. I thought it was my B12, I took those pills, and it didnt help.
Please, does anyone know anything about this, know/suggest something, or seen a similiar thing? Please feel free to comment.
I don't know whether it is just me or whehter people posting here seem to have more problems on the left hand side.

Today I am drifting away from the ALS hypothesis for my own woes, as my neck is very stiff and it feels like someone is trying to twist my head off, I am getting pain in my jaw. I am getting pain somewhere in my biceps when I extend my arm and of course the characteristic pins and needles in my thumb and index finger that tells me something up with the median nerve. And to boot my left arm feels weak today.

I am quite fed up with it all.

The only way any of us will get an anser is from a qualified diagnostition, the hope is that you don't have to wait as long as I have been waiting, I read of all these tests that people have had, and feel like I am in the third world when it comes to anything here in the UK.