Neurology Expert Forum
Numbness on left side of tongue
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Numbness on left side of tongue

I have a intense numbness of the left side of my tongue.  I have stomach pain on the lower left side of my somach, and foot arch pain. These all seem to be related - when my feet are throbbing, my tongue and stomach also hurt.  In addition, I have a lot of trouble with my circualtion and it is extremely difficult to excert myself in any way.  When I am on an exercise bike, my heart rate shoots up right away. I can barely do 15 minutes and just last year I was running 5 miles! I have had this for close to a year now and it is not going away on its own. To address my stomach pain my doctor has ordered an MRI, Sonogram, Barium swallow, and cultures.  I have also had extensive blood workup,  including a thyriod test.  When I recently went to see a neurologist, he said that the symptoms were all over my body and did not make sense.  Should I see someone else?  And what sort of tests should I reasonably expect?  Any ideas on what it could be?  Thank you!