Neurology Community
Numerous vague neurological and other symptoms
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Numerous vague neurological and other symptoms

Hello everyone :)
I am a 17 year old female in Australia
Over the past year I have been suffering various vague symptoms that have been increasing in intensity, up until the past two weeks where now I find it very hard to function normally.
I have been tested for just about everything. I have a normal thyroid, normal bloods, no vitamin deficiencies, normal blood sugar levels and kidney/liver function, no abdominal/pelvic abnormalities but I DO HAVE premature osteoarthritis in the L5/S1 joint in my back.

Here is a list of the symptoms that I am experiencing:
-intense fatigue not relieved by sleep
-muscle twitching (all over body, worse when lying down)
-pins and needles/numbness feeling in legs and especially feet
-heart palpitations
-shortness of breath during mild exercise
-weakness
-mood instability/personality changes/disinterest
-intermittent pelvic/abdominal pain
-persistent pressure headache made worse sometimes by bending over or changing with other symptoms
-confusion and feelings of derealization
-sometimes blurry vision or feeling like objects are closer/farther than they actually are
-difficulty maintaining upright posture when standing - my knees give way and I have to actually try to hold my muscles in place rather than just doing it automatically

My doctor initially thought I might have generalized anxiety disorder, but after a lot of research I believe that I do not have GAD as I don't fit any of the actual anxiety criteria. I don't actually worry about anything... I seem to have a very "I don't care" attitude.

I'm pretty exhausted as all the tests I have had are normal, people don't believe me when I tell them I feel ill. My university study is suffering, as are my relationships, my work, my sporting life. I've spent hundreds on numerous doctor's visits and tests and nothing has been fruitful.

HELPPPPPPP!!!

Thanks,
Sarah :)