Ocular Myasthenia Gravis?
My mother is 74.  The past few years she has been losing her balance.  Not vertigo - no dizziness, nausea, etc.  But, must now use a cane.  Loss of balance is getting worse.  She also has peripheral double vision that is worsening.  A neurologist in Shreveport, LA thinks it's related to elevated blood pressure.(147/87)
Her mother died of a stroke at 57 due to blockage in carotid artery.  My mother has high colesterol and elevated blood pressure and is being treated for both. She maintains proper weight, diet and excersizes regularly.
Her first cousin suffers from myasthenia gravis.  She and my mother discussed the possibility of ocular myasthenia gravis.  My mother relayed this information to the neurologist and he dismissed it.
My mother has had many tests by her current doctors, yet they apparently are having trouble with diagnosis and effective treatment.  I see my mother at least monthly and can verify her condition is worsening.
Can you provide any insight and can you recommend a neurologist/ocular-neurologist in Houston?