One cheek hot/red/pressure feeling
Hi, I have numerous things going on with regards to my body....numbness, tingling, burning, fatigue, muscle cramps/spasms, etc. Mainly affecting my right side. I am currently seeing a neuro to figure out what is going on. Next appt is next week.

My cheek symptom is an odd one, though, so I thought I would post it here for an opinion. It is just on my left cheek bone area, it is red and warm to the touch. It also feels like there is pressure being put on it. Hard to describe what it feels like. What can be causing this?

Thanks!
Anyone else get this?
Hopefully you find this response and can tell me what the flush turned out to be.  I found your post because I am experiencing a similar thing.  My left cheek is currently flushed and hot and has been for hours.  I've found 2 explanations so far:

The first is "Fifth disease" or "Slapped-Cheek syndrome."  It is most common in children but can occur in adults.  Also, I'm only 21.  It is a virus that causes mild flu-like symptoms for about a week and then starts a warm rash on your cheek or cheeks that will spread to the rest of your body in a couple days.  Then it leaves, just like that.

The second explanation I've found is "teething" or shifting teeth.  Upon reading this, I stuck my finger in the very back of my mouth, and sure enough I could feel a tiny tip of my wisdom tooth.  I probably don't  have room for the top wisdom teeth and have already had my bottom ones cut out.  My mouth/tooth doesn't hurt yet, but it's likely that the movement is causing the warmth/flush.

What did yours turn out to be?  

Thanks!
Sarah

It is difficult to tell without a clinical exam if your cheek symptom is related to your other symptoms or not. Dermatological conditions like rosacea can cause similar symptoms. Other causes include carcinoid syndrome and even allergic conditions like urticaria.

This requires further evaluation please get it done in order to make a definite diagnosis.

Regards
If nothing else is found ask the neurologist to test for Lyme disease with a western blot test. The Elisa test often misses the mark. My daughter had similar symptoms which are usually tested for MS with a brain/spinal scan, then diagnosed as Fibromyalgia by a rheumatologist. Whether or not you had a known tick bite or not, get tested if nothing else is found. 50% of persons bit by a nymph tick the size of a pinhead never know it and DON''T get the classic bullseye rash. Insist on being tested. This disease is rampant and the medical community is far behind in their knowledge. IF you do test positive, don't let them tell you it is a false positive. No such thing. Go to the ILADS website for a list of Lyme Literate Doctors in your area.
I have exact symptoms. My doctor said it was a migraine. The cheek symptoms didn't appear until recently. It is also on right side. What were your results?