Neurology Community
Optic nerve sheath fenestration or shunt?

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Can anyone tell me which is better a shunt in the back and run the tube in her stomach or do the Optic nerve sheath fenestration?

Does anyone know when you have pseudo tumor does it cause problems when you wear contacts?

My 17 year old daughter had a benigh pineal brain tumor removed in Dec. 07 She  now has pseudo tumor the doctors would like to put a shunt in her back and run the tube in her stomach or do the Optic nerve sheath fenestration. We need to make a decision on one we are trying to see which procedure is best.

She has severe headaches, dizziness, blurred & double vision, nausea, and pain with eye movement. She also has problems with motion examlpe riding in a car. She also gets ver tired and sleeps alot. She is on meds. but they help some but never completely relieve her pain. She wears contacts but in the last 2 weeks when she wears them very long her eyes get very painful and red. We have even got new contacts and it stills does it.

Does anyone know when you have pseudo tumor does it cause problems when you wear contacts? My 17 year old daughter had a benigh pineal brain tumor removed in Dec. 07 She  now has pseudo tumor the doctors would like to put a shunt in her back and run the tube in her stomach or do the Optic nerve sheath fenestration. We need to make a decision on one we are trying to see which procedure is best.