Organ Failure/Polyneuropathy
My husband died after being treated for long term mydemyelinating polyneuropathy and axonal neuropathy from his service in Korea.  In later life he became impotent, his colon weakend, twisted and died, and then his bladder weakened and died resulting in a colostomy, and suprapubic catherer.  My private physician has stated that the neuropathy could have progressed and caused the internal organs to fail.  He died of sepsis, pneumonia.  He also had micro vascular disease brought on by the neuropathy.  Is this possible?
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyradiculoneuropathy (CIDP) is a chronically progressive or relapsing symmetric sensorimotor disorder with interstitial and perivascular endoneurial infiltration by lymphocytes and macrophages. Autonomic system dysfunction can occur; causing orthostatic dizziness, problems with bowel and bladder functions, and cardiac problems. So, it can cause organ failure.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Is there a difference between what I have (Chronic Motor Demyelinating Neuropathy) and CIDP? Thank you.  

My condolences to Sharon 3227.
Thank you so much for your reply.  I appreciate your help. My husband was a 100% disabled vet in later life and I am now needing to prove that his death was related to his military disability, even though the government states in their training manual that they do not know the long term, end of life, results of frozen feet (demyelinating polyneuropathy/axonal neuropathy.

Sharon 3227