Neurology Expert Forum
Oxytocin

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Oxytocin
I'm not sure if this is the correct section, but I would like to know, if it is indeed true, that among others, Oxytocin is responsible for controlling levels of anxiety/stress levels, on the face? If so, is it possible to get tested for levels of Oxytocin in the Brain?
Thanks for using the forum. I am happy to address your questions, and my answer will be based on the information you provided here. Please make sure you recognize that this forum is for educational purposes only, and it does not substitute for a formal office visit with a doctor.

I am not very familiar with this. There is some ongoing research in the neuro-behavioral world with oxytocin and autism. Currently, there is some clinical and basic science research looking into oxytocin and anxiety. If you would like more information, I would suggest you contact your local psychiatrist who may be more familiar with the current literature. I cannot provide you with much information since this is outside my scope.

Thank you for this opportunity to answer your questions, I hope you find the information I have provided useful, good luck.