PINS AND NEEDLES! PLEASE HELP!
This all started on Feb 9th 2007 this was the day I had to put my dog down of 15 yrs at this time I was depressed,stressed with alot of fear so I started getting pins and needle sinsation all over my body this when off and on for like 4 months.  Mid June  I saw my pcp told her what I was going through she did blood work which came back fine the only problem was my blood pressure was high and it's been high since Feb.  She told me to try to destress myself or I would have to go high blood pressure meds,  So I did just that the pins and needles went away for 2 months.  It's now Sept I'm stressed again and the pins and needles are back this time in my hands and feet and sometime I may get a neddls stick someware on my body.  Went back to my pcp for a follow up explained everything again and she told me that I suffer from Anxiety..  DOES THIS SOUND ANXIETY TO YOU?  I AM SO STRESSED OVER THIS!!  SOMEBODY ANYBODY PLEASE HELP!!!!
Yes, it does sound like anxiety but.......I think a neurologic problem needs to be ruled out.  Stress can aggravate a pre-existing condition.  Doctors like to blame everything on stress. Nothing will show on blood work.  If stress caused pins and needles all over our bodies the whole world would be tingling.
It appears quite related.   stress,... pins and needles, stress...pins and needles again.  Having AD and PD for 35 years pretty much puts me in a field of been there done that. Constant anxiety can also raise one's blood pressure.  I'm not a doctor and I most certainly can be wrong, but it doesn't sound neurological to me.  The only suggestion I have at this point is a trial and error  meaning this.  A benzo, short term.  Tell your PCD that you would like a small trial  dose of Xanax, something like that, just say the benzo family.  For a week.  If you feel better, you can pretty much rest that it's anxiety. Actually, you will know after taking the first pill.
I hope she doesn't try Buspar, it's just not a great med for anxiety.  Family docs however, are great at handing out AD's which end up being long term, but rarely a benzo. I hope this helps you.
I just joined this group and asked a question alot like yours only i am not having anxiety.  I have broncitis and after a server coughing  fit a couple days ago my body in the lower back butt and up to my neck started to have the same thing happening as yo describe.  It was scarey becasuse I had been having a bad coughing spell and had also swallowed something and it went down the wrong way so I was having a hard time cathing my breathe.  My doctor said he had never heard of this before.  I have it once in a while when i cough hard still.  If you find out some other reasons besides anxiety could you let me know. I already take Paxil and Wellbrutin so I am covered there. Thanks