Neurology Community
PLease explain my mri results to me

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

PLease explain my mri results to me

I just had an mri and the report says the following;

c3-4 level, there is a tiny focal central disc protrusion abutting the ventral surface of the cord although, otherwise not causing significant mass effect. There is a similar, more subtle, finding at c4-5.

c5-6, there is a large central and right paracentral disc osteophyte complex, which extends into the neural foramen and is causing moderate to severe right neural foraminal narrowing as well as moderate acquired central canal stenosis. There is impression and flattening upon the ventral surface of the cord at this level.

c6-7, there is a large central disc osteophyte complex, which extends slightly to the left. This is also causing moderate acquired central canal stenosis with flattening of the ventral surface of the cord. There is mild bilateral neural foraminal narrowing.

c7-t1, there is left paracentral disc osteophyte complex causing mild acquired central canal stenosis.

conclusion, Changes of advanced cervical spondylosis as above.

I am having difficulty just moving. My legs hurt all the time, I can barely walk a few steps without help. I get tired real easy and can't move my head more than a couple of degrees left or right without extreame pain. when i try to lay down I get sick and dizzy and I occasionally have difficulty controling my bowels and bladder. Bladder control is only an issue during sleep, and bowel control exists but is limited. meaning I can't hold back, when I gotta go I gotta go. I don't have insurance and I am trying to get ssdi and currently only get help from the va hospital. But it took them 3 years to agree to give me an mri and now that I have had it I will have to wait months for another apt.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi there. In your cervical spine from C3 level till T 1 there is mild intervertebral disc protrusion such that it could be compressing the nerve roots exiting from the neural foraminas. The osteophytes are bony growths which are present between C5 to T 1 and is causing central canal stenosis where the cervical spinal cord passes through. Also these are causing narrowing of the neural foramina causing compression of the cervical nerve roots exiting from these. This is the reason for your clinical symptoms and signs. Hope this helps. Consult with a neurosurgeon for further advice.
I am having difficulty dealing with the va medical center I go to. I was sent off site to have my mri in a big bore machine since I have developed a bad case of closterphobia recently. Because of this the va has become hostile towards me for not using the on site machine. They act as if the money came out of their pocket and the neurosurgeon I saw yesterday opened the visit with "why am I here". He said he reviewed my mri and there was nothing wrong with me and told me to stop milingering. He asked me where I hurt and when I began to explain all the pains I have he cut me off sying none of the pains had anything to do with my neck. I was simply begining at the feet and working my way up. So I began to describe the extreame pain I've been felling in the back of my head and neck, he cut me off agin and told me I didn't know where I hurt, was it my head neck or feet. He was very confrontational and ended the visit by refering my to physical therapy. When I questioned why the radiologist would write such a detailed report if nothing was wrong he said they weren't the surgeon and didn't know what they were talking about. Can you be more specific about what my diagnosis and prognosis should be?