Neurology Community
PMR, Vestibular Disorder and burning sensation

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

After reading several blogs, I come off thinking "what a hell of a lot of suffering" and "doctors know "less" than "more."  

I developed diabetes 2 after having been on Prednisone (steroid) for several months to deal with PMR (painful muscles, joints, etc.)  I had already developed about four years earlier Vestibular Disorder (affecting my balance and slowing me down mentally.)  I wake up in the morning feeling heaviness in my head until I've moved about for several hours.  

The reason I am adding to this blog is that for about 5 years or so I also have been dealing with burning sensation in my legs and upper arms.  They did not last long except for a few lasting 24 hours or so.

I've been going back to my life and what I've been dealing with and I come up with the conclusion that the body is saying "enough!" - "stop."  I believe I can trace the onset of each affliction with STRESS in abundance.  Wise Asians have devised ways to deal with stress and some people do very well via calming prayres and practice of their religion.  And above all, one has to learn to "get away from it all" and find joy in something meaningful to you.  Love of family and friends is not enough.  It's good, but not sufficient to ward off affects of sudden jolts in life and pain in life.  

I truly feel terribly sorry for many bloggers who are worse off than I. I don't know what else to say except that it's a mind game.  We have to "will" ourselves better.  We have to seek healthy escape routes.  They used to say that people under great stress often develop cancer -- well, that's not all one can develop.  Perhaps these awful symptoms we are suffering is a "clue" that we've got to get hold of our lives.  No doctor can do that for you, unless it's getting a bit late.  My prayers to all for better health and wisdom.

This discussion is related to Burning skin sensation....