Neurology Community
POTS syndrome and autonomic neuropathy
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

POTS syndrome and autonomic neuropathy

Hi, I am a 21 year old man and I've had POTS syndrome since I was about 15 years old. No one could properly diagnose me until i went to the mayo clinic and underwent a barrage of medical tests. It has gotten progressively better throughout my adolescence as I have done a lot to help myself but recently I have been experiencing a new symptom that feels like it has completely destroyed my brain. I am hypoglycemic because of the illness and allergic to a large number of foods. When I eat something I'm allergic to, it's impossible not to because i'm allergic to everything, my face swells up and I become itchy and irritable and the illness is worse in general. But lately when I go through these periods I get these terrible burning, tingling and searing headaches mostly in the back of my brain. They always happen at night and when I wake up the next morning my head feels burnt throughout most of the day and I am generally out of it and "hungover". The first of these headaches happened in the beginning of january. Since then they have just gotten worse and worse and I have noticed a SEVERE drop in my overall intelligence. I am a successful music producer and screenplay writer but lately I can barely write an intelligible sentence and it takes me much longer to do so. Also, I can't compose music anymore and I can't hear it like I used to and I never have it in my head anymore. Basically I have lost everything that has made me what I am. Does this sound like autonomic neuropathy to you I am worried that's what it is as POTS is a dysfunction of the autonomic nervous syndrome. Is the damage to the brain permanent if it is? Please let me know I am literally losing my mind. thanks