PV Shunt and Headache
My sun (10 years ) had a PV shunt since he was 4 months old ( 10 years ago), shunt was ok all the time except some horrible headache occur from time to time especially when he gets any flu or other inflictions, he then starts to vomit and complain a headache. that stops with the symptoms of flu ends.   Nowadays he complains a horrible headache with some vomiting some times that prevents him from sleeping.
what shali I do please?
There could be a malfunction of the shunt. The shunt may not be draining properly leading to the increased intracranial pressure thus leading to headaches and nausea. Infection is the most common cause of shunt malfunction. Please consult a neurologist for the evaluation, diagnosis and treatment. Hope this helps you. Take care and regards!

Thanks Very Much for this fast and kind response, But is it necessary to take liquid from back bone as some advised in order to  diagnosis ? isn't dangerous?