Neurology Community
Pain after ALIF

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Pain after ALIF

I had an ALIF with hardware done on L5-S1 about 6 weeks ago I  had a very good recovery until I went back to work at a job that i stand on my feet for about 6 out of 8 hours then I noticed that by 8:30am I was already getting a horrible tiring ache in my back and this time the pain was not down low in my back but about mid back. It feels about like my pain the last time when it first started degenerating at L5S1. I know the upper disks are going to take on the strain of the part thats fused now but i cant start PT until 2 weeks from now and I cant get anything for pain they give me relefin and that messes up my stomach bad. And some kind of muscle releaxer call zanaflex which he told me to take at night and it would have my muscles relaxed for the next day at work FALSE this medicine is useless. I dont know why I have to suffer what should I do? I call them and tell them that The meds are not working but no one calls me back They took and Xray a couple of days ago and they said the fusion looked good but should I be in this much pain? and why should I have to be?
Ask your doctor about sending you to a pain management clinic.  
I am only 28 years old ya know and this is my second back surgery the frst one was minor /discectomy on L5 S1, but they all add up to be a problem in the future. I hate PAIN allergic to it! but I get by on alot of aleve and crappy muscle relaxers how long do you think it has to be for my doctor to give me that referral i mean if i have to wait 3 months what do i do till then go to a family doctor for meds? but thanx for writing
I dont know how long it would take to get an appointment.

No you should NOT have live in pain and I bet therapy would help also. You may have to change doctors until you find one that will work with you.