Pain after posterior cervical spine surgery
I have two problems that have popped up since my posterior cervical spine surgery two weeks ago.  First issue:  the day after my surgery my right heel went numb.  The following day, little lightning bolts of pain starting shooting from the ball of my foot to the heel when I pulled my toes up toward my head.  That is still the same after two weeks. It is still numb and it experiences pain.  (Bone was taken from my right hip/buttock for the surgery).   My doctor had me do a venus dopler and nothing was discovered.  So for now, I'm doing nothing about it.   Second issue:  I developed a very sore spot on my scalp.  It is located 3 to 4 inches below the crown of my head and in line with the back of my right ear.  There is nothing to see there but if I touch it with the bristles of my brush it sends me through the roof with pain. It's a sizable spot that continues down to the base of my skull behind the right ear.   My doctor wants me to do desensitization therapy on my scalp.  I have my doubts about this "fix" for my problem.  He and his nurse just keep reminding me that "these symptoms have nothing to do with his work on me".  I didn't ever have these two issues prior to this surgery.  I am getting frustrated and want to know if anyone out there in cyber world has had similar experiences.  If so, please talk to me.  Thanks!

This discussion is related to sharp shooting scalp/head pain.