Neurology Expert Forum
Pain and numbness in left arm and leg
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Pain and numbness in left arm and leg

Good day all. Im a woman of 41 yrs old. I've started with numbness in my left hand and wrist in 2007. The pain and numbness got worst and I had to stop working. I'v been a medical typist for about 5 yrs. Over a period of 1 yr the pain got worse into my arm and my left leg. My foot started dragging when walking. I've went to a Neuro Surgeon in April 2008 and he did a MRI of the Brain and neck, but no clinical diagnosis could be found. He also send me for a EEG, but nothing found. The Neuro Surgeon put me on medication "Tripeline". Ive use that till about 4 months ago. Ive phoned the Neuro Sugeon and explain to him that the meds is not working and the pain is getting worse and the symtoms (symptoms) is starting at my right hand as well. He said he cannot increase the dosis of the meds, I must just keep on taking them. I've decided to go for a second opinion to see a Neurologist. I've saw a Neurologist 1 month ago and he diagnosed with Parkinsons disease as from the symtoms (symptoms) and his examination in consulting room. He did not do any MRI or CT scans or any type of tests. He started me on meds - Carbilev and Parkilyne. The pain in the leg and arm is better but the numbness is still there. Since Im using the meds I have loss of appitite, feeling nausia, and not very well. Ive lost alot of weight. (5kg) in a month. I have alot of side effects on the meds and he suggested that I leave the Parkilyne and only use the Carbilev. My appitite is better since Im only using the Carbilev. Im also under alot of stress and dont know it this could also have a affect on the symptoms. My Employer (a medical Dr- Cardiologist) suggest that I go for another opinion. Seems like the symtoms (symptoms), the numbness is not getting better. I need some input on this please? I need to know what else can I do? Any suggestions please? Does the symtoms (symptoms) lead to anything else?