Neurology Community
Pain from a pinched nerve
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Pain from a pinched nerve

An MRI shows a herniated disc at (if I recall correctly) L4-L5 with impingrment of the RIGHT L4 nerve.  I do have what I believe is radicular sciatic pain into the right leg.  It goes into the right buttock, then seems to go away, then reoccurs at the knee, through the calve area, into the top of foot, and great toe.  On the MRI there does not show any impingement of the RIGHT L5.  How could I have paint as described with an L4/L5 herniation and L4 nerve impingment?  Also the pain is worse depending on my back position in comparrision to the leg position.  I also have severely inflammed facets bilaterally L4/L5 and L5/S1 which I had injections for today.  Too soon for results, but I can still feel the sciatica.

As for my cervical MRI, there is a concern with the bulging C6/C7 disc into the thecal sac and by the looks of the MRI right up to the spinal cord.  It is also on the LEFT side and says there may be a mass affect on the neural foraman and possible the LEFT C7 nerve.  What is this?

I have had left shoulder and elbow pain since I fell.  I have had right shoulder pain since I fell, and am developing pain, numbness, tingling through my hand, forearm, and right elbow, but so far NOT into the right bicep.  It is gradually getting worse.  The pain through my right arm is worse when I flex my head forward.

I am also suffering increased depression, irratability, and memory loss.  MRI of the brain was clear.

There are two other minor bulges at C4/C5 and C2/C3.  There are also bone spurs at what I think is C5.

Headaches each day also a big issues.  Start in back, go over the top to the front.

The big question is, is is possible to have sciatic with my right leg and those symptoms with a pinched RIGHT C4 because I thought C5 went to the top of foot and great toe.  Is it normal for the pain to now run the full length of the nerve, such as I do not have right thigh pain.

Same for the right arm.  The Neuroradialogist indicated the pinched nerve was the LEFT C7 (and I do have symptoms there in the shoulder and elbow, but not the right C7.  Yet, I have more issues with the right should, elbow, forearm, and hand.

Could there be leakage from the disc causing irritation of the nerve on the right side??  Any ideas?

Thanks again!