Pain from elbow to shoulder blade.
Every time I lean on my right elbow for a long period of time, I get this sharp shooting pain that proceeds to below my shoulder blade stretching to the left side of the left shoulder blade.The pain is excrutiatingly painful. I am unable to move because it is too painful to do so.Even breathing is too much movement at this time. After relaxing myself for afew minutes it goes away. I have also got a gall stone for a couple of years now and wonder if it is related to that. I would apprecaiate an answer.
How are you feeling now?
Sharp shooting pain from shoulder blades to arm suggests a nerve compression along the distribution of nerve in that area.
About relation between gall stone and this pain, if present on right side suggest irritation of by biliary colic. Biliary colic is a steady but episodic pain, usually located in the right upper quadrant of the abdomen, radiating to the back or right shoulder, and lasting for 15 minutes to 2 hours.
You should see an orthopaedician and then a neuro-specialist if required.