Neurology Expert Forum
Pain in arm

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Pain in arm
I have been experiencing a dull ache in my upper right arm.  It always gets numb with tingles when I lay down at night or sit for periods of time..  I also experience aching in my lower back, buttocks and all the way down my right leg as well as my arm when lying down.
Thanks for using the forum. I am happy to address your questions, and my answer will be based on the information you provided here. Please make sure you recognize that this forum is for educational purposes only, and it does not substitute for a formal office visit with a doctor.

Without the ability to examine and obtain a history, I can not tell you what the exact cause of the symptoms is. However I will try to provide you with some useful information.

The numbness in your shoulder may be due to compression that may be caused by laying on that side. However, if it occurs during the day (i.e., without compression), you may need to have a more thorough workup to ensure there is not another process occurring. Without additional information, it is difficult to provide specifics. I would suggest you discuss your symptoms with your physician to help determine if it is a central nervous system process or a peripheral nervous system process.

Thank you for this opportunity to answer your questions, I hope you find the information I have provided useful, good luck.