Neurology Community
Pain in buttock, above knee and ankle

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Pain in buttock, above knee and ankle

To tell you the honest truth I don't know what is wrong with me but I have pain in my buttock, a griping sensation above my knee and pain in my ankle and on the top of my foot.  I haven't been able to sit down for any length of time for some months now and I am at the end of my tether.  I have had so many painkillers.  I saw the doctor last week and he prescribed Nabumetone and Paracetamol and I am no better.  I'm going back again tomorrow and want him to do something.  I am best lying flat on my face in bed.

When the problem started I went to a physio and he suggested that it was a piriformis problem.  I started doing piriformis stretches but the pain after I had done them was unbearable.  When I saw the doctor last week he told me to start them again and guess what the pain is even worse than before.  There has to be something wrong with me.  Can anyone help?  Many thanks Daisy
i think its possible your knee pain is seperate. it sounds like to me that u may have something called a pilonidal cyst. u should look into it and see if anything fits. its a cyst right below the tailbone that can either be internal or external. good luck to u.
thanks I'm away off to check that out.  Will let you know what happens.