Neurology Community
Pain in buttocks radiating to weakness and numbness in legs
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Pain in buttocks radiating to weakness and numbness in legs

For many months, I periodically have a terrible, debiitating pain beginning in the lower back, spreading across the buttocks and around the waist  into the pelvic area. The pain is severe, traveling down my legs causing weakness and pain in the legs. It has gotten to the point I am  able to walk only very shot distances before having to sit. Once I sit for a short time, the pain goes away. I have also found that if I can bend over it seems to relieve the pain. Is this spinal stenosis symptoms? At times, the numbness in the buttocks and pelvin regions makes me feel I will lose control of my bodily functions. It is becoming debilitating. I am also going to post a question in the section dealing with stents placed in the leg.
Thanks for any help and advice you can give me. I am 62 years old and experienced my first heart attafck at age 42. Since that time, I have had numerious procedures, including an aortic graft and many, many angiograms and heart caths.