Neurology Community
Pain in head, neck, back, chest and side(left side only)
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Pain in head, neck, back, chest and side(left side only)

I have had sharp stabbing pains in the left rear of my head for over 3 years now. They can last for months and occur daily. Chiropractors have diagnosed me with the beginnings of degeneration of the spine near my neck. I also have a pinched nerve on the left side near the base of the neck near the spine(when I roll my finger left and right over it it feels like lightning is striking. Lately I have been getting shoulder, side and upper chest pain more frequently(only on the left side) almost feeling like sore muscles, but chronic. Also for years while sleeping on my left side at night I wake up with chest and side pain(only on the left side)and it hurts to breathe sometimes. I constantly find myself rolling over on the right side and the pain goes away.

Before any of the pain began I was involved in an accident where I fell 8 ft.direcltly on the left side of my head which caused my head to quickly whip over to my right shoulder and I had instant numbness in my left arm, but the accident was about six months before the headaches began and there were no problems in between that time. X-rays were all negative of any problems at the time of the accident. Also I had a root canal done on one of my left upper molers and have heard that this can lead to headaches also. Please help me solve this strange and unusual problem. Nobody seems to have the answers.