Neurology Expert Forum
Pain in lower back, left foot, and both legs

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

First off, I'm a teenager.Back on July 31st, I fell down eight steps. I ended up having a severely sprained ankle, which caused me to be in a boot for about two months. My regular doctor and another doctor said it was fine and would work itself out within a few months. My foot continued to bother me, but I began to have small amounts of lower back pain in my left side. I figured it was my scoliosis, which is only about 15% in my lower back and curves towards my left. I went to a new doctor. I didn't bother to tell him about my back pain, focusing on my foot pain (which consists of burning, tingling, and numbness). My new doctor ordered a MG in my leg and foot. The only major pain was when they done it around my toes and the left side of my foot. The people asked if I had fallen sideways, so I answered with a yes. They said the nerve causing the sensations and pain could be in my spine. That following Monday I experience the worst lower back pain I have ever felt. It hurt to walk, to sit, to do anything! Both of my feet are swollen and have knots. I have constant pain in both of my legs and hips. I go to the doctor this afternoon, and I will tell him what's going on with my back. By the way, I am currently taking arthritis medication they prescribed me when I first visited. I am also experiencing pain in the right side of my neck, and my right arm is significantly weaker than my left (even though my left is usually weaker), and my right hand has been trembling for almost two full days now. Any help would be appreciated.
Tags: pain in lower back, legs, both legs, left foot, trembling in right hand
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Thanks for using the forum. I am happy to address your questions, and my answer will be based on the information you provided here. Please make sure you recognize that this forum is for educational purposes only, and it does not substitute for a formal office visit with a doctor.

Without the ability to examine and obtain a history, I cannot tell you what the exact cause of the symptoms is. However I will try to provide you with some useful information.

The foot pain you are reporting most likely is explained by local nerve, tendon and muscle trauma from the sprained ankle.

I am glad you are getting yourself evaluated for the severe back pain. I am not sure whether you had trauma to your neck and back when you had the fall. If you did then the pain might just be from musculoskeletal spasm. However, red flags to watch out for with back pain are: bowel/bladder incontinence or accidents, weakness in legs, unexplained weight loss, fevers, erectile dysfunction in males, pain worse at rest rather than at movement. If you have any of these then you should seek medical evaluation as soon as possible.

Thank you for this opportunity to answer your questions, I hope you find the information I have provided useful, good luck.