Neurology Community
Pain in right eyeball & constant pressure on right side of head?

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

7839245?1333770874
Ctscan report only noted healed fracture in right orbital wall, otherwise normal...nothing about the bulging of my right eyeball into the orbit? I have other issues including chiari like symptoms with a blood vessel pressing against my brain stem... I have more pics available on my profile & have another appointment next month with a neurologist about my "migraine" headaches which ends up making my brain sore & like it's loose inside my skull. I'm waiting for a reply from the neurosurgeon group I had appointment with last week (4 hours away) regarding the scans I just had done this past Monday & sent them a copy of the scans as soon as I left the hospital... I've had chiari like symptoms for over 18+ years & I'm beyond miserable with all of my other symptoms & being told I'm just depressed.... My scans show the problems, don't they? I need help, suggestions, info...oh, I'm also trying to get appointment with an opthamologist asap...
I cannot comment on the chiari-like symptoms, that is really so specific that only a neuro can determine if something like that is going on.  But I can tell you what I see in your picture.  If you will look at the black areas between your eyes, notice how your right eye (left as facing pic), the black space is smaller than the other side.  This means you probably have some sort of clog in your sinuses between the eyes, for your right eye.  Could be infection, could be a cyst in the sinus cavity, no telling.  This would cause a swelling that might make your eye sort of bulge out a little.  An ear nose throat ENT specialist can begin to help you with this.  This would also certainly explain your headaches.  Pain can really do a number on a person.

Couple other possibilities is, sometimes you can wind up with glaucoma, which is too much pressure within the eyeball, for all sorts of reasons, so an eye doctor could check your glaucoma readings and see how that's doing.  Also, I notice the fractures to your orbital bone, the one near the top side doesn't look particularly well-healed, but I don't know if that would matter.

As a remote possibility, and I really don't know if this would be a problem on account of you don't have symptoms of it, but there is a group of nerves that come out of one group in the cheek area called trigemenial (sp?) nerves, and if that nerve group gets goofed up, it'll cause many and varied nerve symptoms on that side of the face, down to the mouth and up to the eyes.

But while you wait to see all these other docs, maybe you can take your picture and show it to an ENT doc, and he'll be able to look into your sinus cavities and see what IS blocking things up, becuz there most definitely is a problem with your right sinus that is located to the inside of your eye, and whatever is blocking it up will cause all kinds of symptoms that can be VERY uncomfortable and scary.