Neurology Community
Pain in right side of top of head

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Pain in right side of top of head

I am 31 years male. I am feeling some irritation pain on right side of my head (at top) since 4-5 yrs. Actully I had operated my Both Ear last 3 year back. My left ear was being first operated then right ear.  actually when i am feeling pain in head i am also feeling that my right ear is being hot & also paining and it's connected to head pain. then i hit my head from upper side where it is paining, then it is making sound "tuck" and feel some rest of pain.

I am also wearing spacs. my right eye power is more than left ear.

One thing more, I cannot sleep on my left direction becoz i am feeling pain when wake up.

Please help me,

This discussion is related to Pain in right side of head.
Tags: Headache
Thank you for your question. Although without being able to examine you I can not offer you the specific advice on diagnosis and treatment that you need, but I would try to provide you some relevant information about your health concern.

Usually pain in the top portion of the head along with ear pain originates from the neck problems due to irritation in the cervical (neck) spine because the nerves that supply the back of the head start in the upper cervical spine. Mostly, similar kind of head pain that radiates to shoulder occurs in patients with previous neck injuries and in patients with marked arthritis of the upper cervical spine. Typically this pain aggravates with prolonged sitting in a stooped posture and when working on a computers for long hours.  On the other hand, there are patients who experience similar pain with sinusitis (sinus with infected mucus) and migraine. If you suffer continuous pain at back of head, please arrange an appointment with a neurologist right away who may evaluate the possibilities here and can provide you an appropriate treatment. Hope this information proves helpful to you.

Take Care & Regards!!!