Neurology Community
Pain in ring finger
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Pain in ring finger

For about 6 weeks, Ihave had a burning pain in the right hand in the palm upper part where the ring finger starts.  In the night, the finger will go into a fist and I have to pry it or put it in hot water to loosen it up  When I straighten it out, it is painful down the inside to the palm.  I have no grip in my right hand now, cannot use a manual can opener, hard to hold a pencil, or shift the car.  I went to my dr. and they x-rayed it and said it was fine, they found nothing.  She said it will go away, it has been two weeks and I am still waiting for "it" to go away.  I am active and holding the lawn mower handle is difficult, almost impossible, I have to use the heel of the palm of my hand.  I haven't even tried using the gas  on my motorcyle this year.  I cannot ride my scooter or hold the treadmill because of the pain of grasping.Hard for me to straighten the hand open and harder for me to form a fist.  Help.  I wear no jewelry.
Tags: fingers