Pain in shoulder and neck, tingling in fingers, is it RSI?
I recently went to a doctor recently because my last two fingers on my right hand (pinky side) had been tingling for two weeks.  I couldn't see my normal doctor and had to see a locum.  He asked me things like whether I'd had any sports injuries (I don't play sports) and then did various tests like getting me to pull on his fingers with my fingers and stuff like that.  He told me it was probably something pushing on my ulnar nerve as it's those two fingers being affected and when he pushed down on the right side of my neck at the base of my head it really hurt.  I'd have hit him if he wasn't behind me.  He tested both sides of my neck and that side definately hurt more.  My neck and shoulder have been hurting since (it's been 3 days).  He sent me to the hospital to get xrays done of my neck and told me to go to an osteopath.

Since then a friend told me it was probably RSI as she recently had neck pain and weakness in her hands.  The doctor never mentioned RSI (and it hadn't occurred to me to ask about it).  Is it RSI or something else?  It's getting rather annoying and sometimes I have headaches going up from where the doctor pushed on my neck.
I think I should add that I have essential tremors and take Atenolol to manage it.
Hi there. This could be repetitive strain injury or RSI or could be cervical disc abnormalities like disc degeneration or prolapse. The tremor could be essential tremor secondary to dystonia or parkinson’s disease or idiopathic.  MRI spine would be required to check the lesion at the cervical spine level. This should help in diagnosing the pathology and the appropriate lesion. Take care.
I got a letter today asking me to make an appointment to discuss the results.  Would my doctor be contacting me about an appointment if nothing is wrong with the X-ray?