Neurology Community
Pain in shoulder blade area and tingling in left hand

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

I have been having tingling in my left hand on and off all day long for a few months now and also have a severe pain in my left shoulder blade area.  If I reach around my shoulder all the way with my right hand I can press on the spot where the pain is and when I press there, the hand does the tingling.  I have tried the overdoor traction to no avail and if this is a pinched nerve is there anything I can do for it.  I have medical insurance, but it is $5000 deductible and I can't afford to go to the doctor for this.
Hi, I also have a similar problem with shoulder pain and tingling in my left hand which started after a fall out of a attic about a six foot drop onto the floor. I have had Physio, ultra sound, accupuncture,  Xrays to shoulder and hand which show no problems also a MRI scan on my shoulder which showed up nothing.
This has been going on since May 2008 and I am still no nearer as to what is causing me so much pain and discomfort. My GP told me last week that it could be Arthritis,which I dont think is the right diagnosis, as before the fall I didnt have a problem I am now at my wits end ,as the pain seems to be getting worse as time goes on. I hope you are able to get  a diagnosis and a cure, and would be interested to hear of the outcome to your problem .Good Luck.
Hello, I had simular pain as you both experienced, and it was due to a pinched nerve in my neck.  I found a really good chiropractor and after one visit I no longer had the tingling in my hand. I could not believe it could be relieved that quickly.  I still go about once a month.  I was leary of going to a chiropractor because I had heard bad things, but my step-mom finally talked me ino it.  And I guess I found a really good one, because I've had a very positive experience.  I thought I was going to have to have rotar cuff surgery or something, but once I began seeing my chiropractor, i no longer had that shoulder blade pain, and tingling in my hand.  Hope this helps.
I as well have major pain in my left shoulder and tingling in the left hand. I have Snapping Scapula Syndrome, which is very rare, but it may be something worth looking into. I have pain all around the shoulder blade and it actually snaps and rubs against my rib cage and is extremely painful. I have been told for 7 years now that no one would be able to help me and to just deal with the pain. My mom recently found a surgeon in Chicago who is one of the only surgeons who will perform surgery on this type of problem. I had my first appointment with him today and drove 2 hours from Milwaukee to see him. I am set to have surgery on February 23rd and am so excited. I would get this checked out right away if i were you so you don't go for 7 years living in pain like I did. If you have any other questions let me know, I'd be happy to help. I've become very knowledgeable about the shoulder blade over the years! :)  Amanda
Hi Im Akram im having a problem in left hand shoulder from a long time the problem is my shoulder is pressing inside and during the work time it is slipping moving and if i will take a weight i ll be getting pain so what can i do please tell me reply me thanq
i had shoulder pain that started after some hard labor i continued to work thru it but it went into both shoulders down arms into hands with tingling and numbness. i went to doc's and was told i had carpal tunnel.i went and had an emg which showed i had ct mildly in right they never bothered to test my left. i trusted the doc and went and had surgery. i was in therapy because i still had alot of pain in arms and my trap kept swelling on right during this time period i was made to do hard labor while still in therapy now i have extreme pain in both shoulders forearms elbows hands and swelling in hands and loss strength and feeling. my doc says its all in my head since the new emg for ct came back normal. i am in extreme pain and unable to work is there anyone out there that can tell me whats going on was i misdiagnosed or is it more damage?
having severe numbness and tingling in left hand following left hand surgery, about 1 month ago i injured my left index and ring dingers.  the doctors reconstructed the tips of my fingers and now i have this on and off extreme pain in my left shoulder and it sends the pain to the left injured hand, what can i do about this numbness
I took a fall a year ago and still feel tingling and throbbing in lft hand. Went to chiro and art but tingling still there. I thnk its a pinchd brb in neck or shoulder. But its killing my practice time,please help
I have had a strange feeling below my left shoulder for 13 yrs.... seems that it started after my daughter was born! About 7 yrs ago, I had an exray and they checked me for nerve damage and carp. tun. syndrome. They found nothing wrong so they just forgot about it. I feel like we are just experiementals and until someone finally diagnosis the problem - we are waisting our time trying to get help. Sometimes the pain gets really bad and I have to take something (it doesnt help but only helps me to think about something different for while) When I take a deep breath sometimes, I can feel the spot below my shoulder blade - it seems to be like a numb stretched feeling. Sometimes it hurts but most of the time its just real annoying. I went to the chiropractor and they told me I have a degenerative bone problem w/ my back but I dont believe thats what is going on w/ the feeling I have. Im 41 and this started when I was 28. Any advice from someone that actually got help w/ this or similiar problem would be great. Thanks
I have a wierd sensation in my left shoulder blade.  It almost feels like something is moving inside of my body on top of the Rhomboid muscle. It comes and goes and sometime more often when I eat certain things. Now I notice it some when I do things at the Gym like hamstring curls.  This has been going on for about 3 months.  I've been checked for gall bladder problems but nothing shows up. Just found out I have allergies to Glutten among other things but not sure if it is related. It's almost like a stabbing feeling but not so much painful as it is just uncomfortable.  Does it sound similar to anything you have.  
I've been having a crawly tingley feeling by my left shoulder blade. After months of this I now have a soreness down left arm. Trying to figure out if a chiropractor might help. I've had a EKG so it's not cardio.  ?? any ideas?