Pain in the feet and palm
I had a white patch and on biopsy, doctor confirmed leprosy -initial stages ;I am taking dapsone;
Reports show am anaemic; I feel like I am placing feet on rocks when I walk, and joints are painful; and have this tingling;burning sensation on feet and palm; is this becos of Dapsone??
Hi Dear

Leprosy is a chronic infectious disease affecting primarily the peripheral nerves, and skin lesions are the primary external symptom. The lesions depend on the type of leprosy. Intuberculoid leprosy, there are a few well defined lesions that are lighter than skin colour and are numb and may have burning, tingling sensation. In lepromatous leprosy, there are many skin lesions and nodules on both sides of the body. There can also be muscular weakness.

Dapsone is the treatment of choice of leprosy. The burning and tingling sensation that you are experiencing is due to the disease per se and not because of dapsone. Please consult your doctor and apprise him of the symptoms that you are experiencing. There may be an acute inflammation for which a short course of steroids is required.

Best..