Pain in the left side of the head that come and go
Hi, i woke up this morning about 6:45. Actually what woke me up was a sharp pain throughout the left side of my head above my ear, up into the side of my head, in the temple area. The sharp pains continued throughout the day till about 2:30 today. It is now 4:00 here.They are sharp pains that would come and go ranging from ever 30 seconds- to maybe about every 2-5 minutes. I don't get this pain often, but i have experienced it before here and there.  For some reason it just scared to me today because i've never experienced the pain when i was sleeping/or about to wake up.. which i guess you could say it actually woke me up, and then never had it for that long of a time before either.  I've gotten the pain before but randomly and not on a regular basis at all.  I don't know what it could be. I do experience bad allergies this time of year, and i do take claritin for them,  and my mom had a little cold on her recently, and my boyfriend does too.  I don't know if it could be just nerves, or if it's normal to experience this.. or if it could be that i might be catching something, or what.  I also do get bad headaches sometimes that go into my eye through either my right or left side of the temple area, and to rub where the temple is always makes it feel better, or even to just take two advil and lay down makes it better too..But these sharp pains this morning, and throughout the day made me a little nervous today, and i was just looking for any type of information on what this could be and if i should be concerned.. or worried about this..any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Jen
Thank you for your question. For persistent headaches, possibilities like migrainous, cluster, tension, pinched nerve in cervical spine and refractive errors that need to be evaluated thoroughly with the help of a neurologist here. Migraine like headache can be throbbing, one sided of face & head and preceded by aura (starts with blurred vision). Cluster headache may appear as burning, explosive in nature and tear appears from eyes. Tension headache originates with stress and anxiety disorder. Pinched nerve in cervical spine may also cause pain in back of head that aggravates after turning of head. Please arrange an appointment with a neurologist right away who will evaluate the further underlying disorders by clinically examine you & ordering MRI or CT scan here that may be the main reasons of your headache attacks & other symptoms and can provide you an appropriate treatment. Hope this information proves helpful to you. Take Care & Regards!!!
I appreciate you answering me back, thank you so much for that.  I haven't gotten any head pains like that since that day, and today is May 17th.  I haven't seen a doctor because it did go away, but if it ever becomes consistent then i will definetly be making an appointment with a neurologist.  Thanks so much for your very helpful and very much informative input.

One last question,
what are symptoms of stress and anxiety disorder?  Were you saying that Tension headaches come from stress and anxiety?  Or is that actually a disorder that some people have?  I mean i am stressed out lately with some stuff, and recently before that headache i did have some anxiety but that's also not often as well that i experience bad anxiety, just when i am very stressed out do I sometimes develop anxiety.

Hope to hear from you and to stay in touch, thanks again,
Best Regards,

Jen