Pain in thigh and hip especially when rolling to side in bed
I I have a sharp pain in my left thigh and hip especially when rolling over to one side in bed or getting in and out of bed and occassionally when walking especillay when turning around to the side. Although the pain is on the  left side, I feel it most when I raise my opposite leg (right one) or when I raise up my opposite hand (right one), I sometimes also get this sudden pain  when I sit down, It started suddenly ten days ago with a sharp pain first in lower back (slightly above the cocyx), then after two days it radiated to the outer thigh and hip area and also to the inner thigh. Any help please ? What is best heat or cold (ice) ? Thanks.

This discussion is related to Thigh pain.
Thank you very much for your question; although it appears like a slipped disc/prolapse situation here, but it is quite hard for me to give you a precise opinion here without being able to examine you. However, I would try to provide you some relevant information about your health concern.

In slipped disc or disc prolapse conditions symptoms may originate due to nerve root pressure, pressure on the spinal cord and pressure on the tail bone. Common symptoms could be paralysis of muscles, pain radiating to the arms or legs, leg pain and numbness, tingling, or weakness. Warning symptoms can include loss of control of the bladder function, numbness/pain at genital areas, paralysis & spasticity of both the legs. In addition, if you are suffering continuous weakness and notice reduced strength of muscle bulk in leg, please arrange an appointment with a neurologist right away. Further referral to a physiotherapist for spinal exercises could be beneficial and may produce relief of symptoms. Hope this helps. Take Care & Stay Healthy!!!