Neurology Community
Pain left side Face, Left inner Ear, Constant dizziness

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

For past six years have suffered with constant dizziness/imbalance(feelings of being pushed forward or to the left side), I also experience pain, heavy feeling on the left side of head only especially deep down inside left ear,the pain also moves down to left arm which feels numb/paralysed at times.  I wake up every morning with strong pain in the  finger joints of both hands especially the left.  Sometimes i get headache on left side of head (temple) and could feel vein bulging there.  I usually experience little or no issues with right side of head.  All the pain/problems occur on the left.  I tested positive to allergies (dust and grass pollen being at the top), had a CT scan for sinus abnormalities which came out ok.  Did blood test for thyroid which came back normal.  Did hearing test and other test with ENT.  He believes it has nothing to do with the ear.

I also have great intolerance to heat (hot flashes, like body gets hot and cannot regulate temp) and also have intolerance to the cold (like AC) hands get numb quickly, tingle.  I also get really lightheaded as though circulation is shutting down. I am only 28 and experience fatigue, weight loss and anxiety as a result of the constant feeling of my head not working all with natural gravity.  What could be wrong with me?  Could i have a tumor on the 8th cranial nerve or is it something else?

Welcome to Medlhelp forum. I can understand your worrying health concern about dizziness and balance disorder. Although without being able to examine you it will be quite difficult for us to give you a precise diagnosis here.

Since you've had dizziness and balancing problem for so long it is unlikely to go away, but in most of the people it may still slowly improve after few years. It sounds like that you have benign positional vertigo but if you are significantly affected then I would suggest approaching a physiotherapist for treatment, He/She would like to suggest few exercises that may be of help in your condition. These exercises may help in improving vestibular nerve (Nerve involves in balance) function so the condition. In addition, I would suggest getting a neurologist opinion here as well in order to get complete neurological assessment and further approach. Hope this helps.

Thank you very much Dr. Anurag for your speedy response and assistance.  The ENT specialist did mention to me the same disorder you mentioned and i was told to perform the epley manoevre at home, but I am frightened to perform it on my own should the dizziness get worse.  I will ask for physio assistance.  I was told recently by my GP that he will refer me to a Neurologist as well.

Thanks for your assistance.  it makes me feel great to know there is a doctor out there who would take the time to read and respond.

Thanks Again.