Pain on left side of jaw
For the last year or so I have been experiencing random episodes of pain on the left side of my jaw and face. It starts as a sort of a dull throbbing in my tooth and soon the entire left jaw feels that way. I notice that the pain comes soon after I chew gum or eat something sugary, or at night after laying on my left side with my face on the pillow. Sometimes I can even be doing nothing and the pain will begin. Unless I take a Tylenol, it takes about 15-20 minutes for the pain to subside. My dentist ruled out cavities, sensitive teeth, and a cracked tooth. Would anyone know the reason for this to be occurring?

Also, I am not sure if this is connected at all, but I had a mole removed from my lower left cheek last year after it became irritated. The mole was not cancerous, but my skin still becomes itchy and irritated in that area. Could this possibly be related to the above problem?
Hi Ali,
I could have written this mysellk.  Very frustrating.  I am 37 years old and am experiencing the exact same thing.  The pain comes out of no where and sometimes leaves the same way. It really makes me cranky.  :)    I have been taking Neurontin 3 times a day and while I have an occasinal flare up, I feel 100% times better.  B/f the neurontin, I was taking 10 advil a day and probaly killling my stomach.    Have you discussed this with the Dr?  I have also been tested for MS, since trigeminal neurologia & MS sometimes go hand and hand?  All results so far are normal, but my symptoms persist.  
I wish I had known, I spent a ton of money on my teeth.   I used to think it was a tooth ache.  As for the tylenol, it is pssible the tylenol is not even working since, I feel that sometimes if I wait out the pain it goes away anyway.    Are you experiencing any other symptoms?   Limb numbness or heaviness?  
Hi Kathy--I did discuss the symptoms with my dentist at my last checkup, which was in February. She did a sensitivity test and it showed a minor sensitivity in my teeth, and told me to just take Tylenol if it bothered me and that the pain could be avoided by eliminating sugary foods or drinks that are very hot or very cold. I began doing this, but I would still have episodes. I was also confused because the pain is only on my lower left jaw/teeth and not anywhere else. X-rays also eliminated cavities and cracked teeth. In April I noticed that they were lasting longer and getting worse to the point that I could not sleep if it happened at night. It's been over a week since I took any Tylenol. I have not experienced any limb numbness or heaviness. I do not know much about trigeminal neuralgia; is there a certain age at which it usually develops? (I'm 21).
Thanks for your help!
You probably are suffering from salivary gland inflammation. It is a condition that occurs especially when you eat food as this triggers the production of saliva. I suspect that your condition is submandibular gland inflammation. You need to see a head and neck surgeon. Good news is that if you choose to you can have the gland removed by surgery and be relieved permanently.