Neurology Community
Pain on scalp (Right side of head)

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Pain on scalp (Right side of head)

from past three months am suffering with pain on right side of head (scalp) when i touch... Its restricted to particularly on that area. There is no redness or any spot at that particular area. Can you please guide me what can be the reason for the pain and to which doctor i need to consult ? Am scared it may be any thing related to brain tumor or cancer. Please advise  
Thank you for your question. Although without being able to examine you I can not offer you the specific advice on diagnosis and treatment that you need, but I would try to provide you some relevant information about your health concern.

In temporal arteritis condition headache is usually concentrated in the one region of your head and it is tender to touch and things like combing your hair may be painful. But in addition to this for any persistent headaches, possibilities like migrainous, cluster, tension and refractive errors that need to be evaluated thoroughly with the help of a neurologist here. Migraine like headache can be throbbing, one sided of face & head and preceded by aura (starts with blurred vision). Cluster headache may appear as burning, explosive in nature and tear appears from eyes. Tension headache originates with stress and anxiety disorder. Please arrange an appointment with a neurologist right away who will evaluate the further underlying disorders by clinically examine you & ordering MRI or CT scan here that may be the main reasons of your headache attacks & other symptoms and can provide you an appropriate treatment. Hope this information proves helpful to you. Take Care & Regards!!!