Neurology Community
Pain on the Left Nape

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Pain on the Left Nape

I had been experiencing a thumping sound on my left ear for about two weeks. Feels like it goes with my breathing when i am at rest and no pain on it. And now pain on my left nape followed.
May i know what are the reasons why i am feeling such things like these.
Thank you.
Avatar dr f tn
How are you?  What other symptoms are present? Can you elaborate on the thumping sound? This could be due to tinnitus which may be associated with hearing loss, exposure to loud noises, medication side effect,  allergies, high or low blood pressure, tumors and problems in the heart, blood vessels, jaw and neck. The pain on the nape could be caused by musculoskeletal conditions. For proper diagnosis, it is best that you have this checked by your doctor or be referred to an ENT. Treatment depends on the cause.  Take care and do keep us posted.