Neurology Community
Pain on the Right Side of Body

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Pain on the Right Side of Body

I have pain only on the right side of my body.  It started about five years ago with some mild discomfort around my right eye and temporal lobe.  I had several MRIs of my brain, one of my neck, shoulder, and back.  The MRIs of my brain only show one small white matter lesion, but normal otherwise.  I had several EEGs and they all came back normal, besides the last one.  The doctor said that it was marginal, but perhaps I am having some seizures.  They tried to have me go to sleep on my last EEG, because a sleep study that was done showed that I have central sleep apnea.  I was taking fentanyl for the pain.  The sleep doctor thought that it was not the pain medication, but rather seizures.  Since then I using fentanly and went back to taking hydrocodone.  I do have some disk degenerative disease in my neck and shoulder.  Have cervical dystonia and I receive Botox injections every three to four months.

I had an accident 10 years ago.  I was struck by motor housing while working outside.  I also cut my eyebrow just prior to everything starting to happening to the right side of my body.

The pain on right side of my body is getting worse.  On my days off I sleep until 10 am and then wake up for a while and still being tired I lay down and sleep some more.  The pain on the side of my head always feels like I been hit hard.  My right eye also feels discomfort.

I am not sure what to do.  I am tired of the pain and not knowing what is wrong with me.  I am taking medication neurontin.  It does not help much or at all.