Pain on the top of my skull
Hello all, I also have been feeling this strange, "raw" bruise-like pain on the top of my skull. I asked my husband to take a good look on the top of my head and try to see anything strange, any sort of mark, spot, etc. He did not notice anything different. This pain does not bother me, unless I touch that particular point. I started to notice this since 2 months ago. Any ideas about what this could possibly be? Thanks a lot.

This discussion is related to CONTINUOUS BRUISE LIKE PAIN ON THE SKULL.
Hi there.

These could be localized skin infections such as pimples that get diffuse.  This can also be small hematomas (or blood collections underneath the skin) that will usually heal spontanously.  More commonly, inflammed or stressed tissues present with tender spots, and treatment will just be addressing the pain with medications and avoidance of stress.  since there are a number of possibilities, it is best to have this evaluated by your doctor.  Regards and God bless.

Dry scalp or dermatitis of scalp can also cause pain. Dermatitis could be due to a head product that you use, have you recently changed a hair product? It will be best to get your scalp examined with a doctor.
The last few weeks I have been having the same problem -- bone pain on the top of my skull.  I too am looking for a diagnosis.  However, I have been recently diagnosed with cervical arthritis that includes mild stenosis, oseophytes (bone spurs) and some upper spinal deterioration.  This was discovered with an MRI and a cat scan.  It causes other pains as well -- on my right shoulder and upper back and down my right arm.  I as guessing that the head pain could be a reflective pain from this.  Have you had MRI's of your head and spine?  That might give some clues.
I have the same thing...does your burn at all? Mine burns at times bad. When I press it it stops or helps a bunch. I dont think it is products we are using...Mine feels raw too.