Neurology Community
Pain only on the left side of my body

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Pain only on the left side of my body

I have had pain on the left side of my body for the past three days.  It began in my fingers and it has slowly moved up to my shoulder.  My arm is also sensitive to touch, like my skin hurts.  I am VERY tired all the time and I just never feel good.  I have had a loss of appetite and I just feel "blah".  I'm only 28 years old and I feel like I'm 70.  Today, I feel the pain on the left side of my neck.  Could I have just pulled something or could it be someting more serious?  I am very athletic so I've pulled muscles before, but it's never felt like this before.  Any ideas?  thanks-mindy  
Hi, I am a physician and I have a couple ideas, but first I need some info, if you don't mind.

How severe would you describe the pain on a scale of 1(none) to 10 (worst imaginable)?

Within the month before the pain began did you have any kind of trauma - even very minor - to that arm or hand?  Even an injection in that arm?

Has there been any swelling in the hand or arm?
Is the arm stiff and does it hurt when you move it?
If you touch it and cause pain, does the pain linger after you stop touching?

Has there been any change in color in the hand or arm such as redness, bluishness, mottled appearance, blotchy appearance?

How long have you felt "blah"?  Just in these last few days?

These are all important questions.  Please answer when you see it.

Avatar n tn
I'm 26 and this same thing is happening to me, only less severe.  I've had a soreness, more a sensitivity to touch, in my left wrist that developed a couple days ago and it seems to slowly be traveling up my arm.  It basically feels like my left hand got the flu and its making its way up my arm.  I've had a pretty apprecialble loss of appetite, but I haven't felt too blah, just pretty normal.

I thought at first due to some extra driving I've done in the last couple of days I over exerted something in the arm, but after extended rest of the arm it hasn't stopped, plus the loss of appetite is something I'm not really used to.  I usually wake up in the morning and want breakfast right away.

I haven't noticed any particular discoloration of sploches around the area, or any dramatic swellings.
Avatar n tn
I'm 28 and I have had the same thing for about 4 years. Mine is like a throbbing pain and my left leg and arm feel like they weigh a ton.  I am so sick of this. Did anyone find out anything because I can't get a doctor to find out nothing.
I have pain on the right side of my body ...more like sensitive to the touch and pain in the sensitive area started a while ago. was on the top of my left leg and now this time it is on my leg and arm and back and chest somewhat.
Avatar n tn
hey
try asking neuro about hemiplegic migraines and lupus- i had the dame thing six years ago and it alsted forever.  I have my spouts now
Avatar n tn
Hi my name is Andrew i am 16 years old for about 3 weeks i have been having this pain on the left side of my body where my chest feels like it's being stabbed. I feel sleepy all the time my head hurts on one side I have tooth aches on the same side. I thought it was an aneurysm. But when i took a trip to the ER n got admitted to the hospital i found out it was a migraine causing it.
Avatar n tn
I am 40 years old.I suffering (sometimes ) left arm and left side back pain. what is the reason
I have on and off sore skin just on my left side. There are no sores, redness at all. It's very bothersome. Any help out there??
I see the other person never responded to your questions, but everything that he is describing is exactly what I am experiencing. The only difference is that it is also down my leg to the left side of my foot and straight up to my jaw - where "numbness" is present. I will answer your questions:

I would say the pain is bearable. Around a 3.

No trauma that I can think of. I do, however, often sleep on my left side, with my left arm extended out. For the last week, I have forced myself to sleep on my right side, but symptoms only seem to be getting worse.

No.

It's achy when I move it. Not stiff. The ache is mostly in my tricep.

It reverts back to the dull ache.

No, but I am quite itchy today.

It's been about 1 month that I have been feeling tired and lethargic. I had my annual physical last week and there was nothing noticeably different based on prior physicals that I've had. My thyroid has been tested along with my iron levels with nothing abnormal showing up.

I do suffer from anxiety, but it's been years since I've had a full blown panic attack. I also suffer from benign essential tremors.