Neurology Expert Forum
Painful Muscle spasms in arms, back, legs
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Painful Muscle spasms in arms, back, legs

Posted By Julia on June 25, 1998 at 10:11:14:

Thank you for your service, it is appreciated.  I am a 31 year old woman with a possible FIbromyalgia diagnosis.  For the past 4 months I have been dealing with terrible painful muscle spasms down the front of my legs.  At first these spasms would start in the evening and keep me up most of the night..the leg spasms went away for a few weeks and now have returned.  I had strained my back last week and now the spasms have returned down the back of the lower back to my knees...these spams are tolerable however the spasms in my legs are unbearable, and last night I felt spasms in my lower arms.  Needless to say I did not get much sleep.  Changing position did not help, movement didn't help either..I was at loss as what to do except suffer....last night was the worse, but now at 10:30 am I still have the spasms!
Can you give me some guidance please as to what this may be??